Mission, Philosophy, & Beliefs
UAS Mission Statement
Universal American School provides a challenging, inquiry-based American and international education that empowers students to be caring individuals, critical thinkers, and responsible global citizens.
Universal American School provides an American and international program of instruction and co-curricular activities that aims to develop the full potential of all students. The curriculum for Pre-K to 6th grade is the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP). A conceptually-based curriculum in grades 7 to 10 prepares students for entry into the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) in grades 11 and 12.
Teaching and learning is dedicated to high standards of academic achievement, active inquiry, and the development of leadership, service, and creativity. The school actively promotes life-long learning, respect for diversity, and opportunities for intercultural learning.
UAS Belief Statements
We believe the Universal American School community should:
- Challenge themselves academically, artistically and athletically
- Think and act critically, creatively and independently
- Communicate proficiently in English and at least one other language
- Be internationally-minded leaders who participate in local and international projects that better humanity and contribute to a sustainable and peaceful world
- Conduct themselves in a principled manner
- Enjoy positive and healthy lifestyle