Elementary Counseling provides an integral support system for students, families, and the UAS community. Our aim in the counseling department is to meet the personal, social, academic, and developmental needs of children at UAS. Through collaboration and consultation with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and community resources, the Elementary Counseling department works to help all students reach their potential.
School Counselors Make A Difference For Students By….
- Working together with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to meet the needs of all students
- Helping students learn anger management, conflict resolution, and social skills
- Helping teachers create a safe and caring learning environment
- Helping design interventions to enhance student success
- Developing parent and community resources
- Coordinating referrals to community resources
School Counselors Help Students By ….
- Providing orientation for new students and parents
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons
- Teaching skills to achieve success
- Recognizing and developing student talents, strengths, and abilities
- Preparing students to be life long learners
- Promoting positive attitudes toward self, family, peers, and community
- Working with students in small groups and individually
- Supporting students during personal crisis
- Preparing for the transition from elementary to secondary school.
To contact your Elementary Counselors email email@example.com