Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand.
Eating a nutritious balanced diet with appropriate physical activity has profound effects on children's’ health and learning abilities. UAS in partnership with Fine Food Catering Company is committed to providing high-quality nutritious snacks and lunches to our community on a daily basis.
Students in Prek, KGI, and KGII must bring a packed lunch. Students in Grade 1-12 can purchase a variety of healthy snacks and set meals that include a main course, side of grilled vegetables, or salad and fruit. Students are offered a variety of freshly prepared grilled meat and poultry dishes, fish, rice, and pasta.
At UAS we emphasize on the importance of eating healthy nutritious snacks and meals. Please do not pack any unhealthy foods. We strongly discourage chocolates, chocolate cakes and cookies, chips, donuts, flavored milk, and juices with added sugar in snack/lunch boxes. Fizzy drinks are not allowed.
Below are some ideas for healthy snack and lunch:
- Wholemeal sandwiches and wraps with veggie, chicken, tuna or unprocessed cheese filling (you can cut them into fun shapes)
- Homemade burgers
- Salads and veggie sticks with hummus
- Brown rice with a variety of vegetables and/or meat, whole grain pasta with red or white sauce (add vegetables or meat)
- Wholemeal pancakes with fruits and fruit muffins (such as date banana or apple cinnamon)
- Healthy drinks: water is the best, unflavored milk
- Restrict the amount of deep-fried food and processed food (salami, pepperoni, hot dogs and chicken nuggets etc)
Eat Right, Be Bright
UAS is a “NUT FREE SCHOOL”. We have many students with nut allergies that may be severe and even life-threatening. To keep our students safe please be reminded not to send any nut products including granola bars, peanut butter, and Nutella for snack, lunch, or to any class event (including parties, field trips, etc.).
Our students can also purchase a freshly prepared meal from our cafeteria, where we serve a good selection of nutritional hot dishes as well as salads, fruits and smoothies. Our school physician has worked closely with our chefs to create a selection of daily dishes that are highly nutritious and wholesome.