Your story begins here.
The Universal American School admits students of any race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national and ethnic origin, in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Admission to UAS is based upon the student's application, previous school records, teacher-principal and/or counselor assessments, and an admission test.
Admission decisions follow clearly established procedures involving staff members in admissions, in the academic administration, and counselling and teacher specialists. In the review process, the Director’s decision is final regarding all applications for admissions.
Please click on the Apply Now button and complete all sections on the application form to start your admissions process. We want to make sure we get to know you and your child/ren so we can make an informed admission decision.
Once all documentation has been received, the applicant is given an appointment for an assessment test or interview.
Students applying for PreKG, KGI, and KGII must interview with a KG teacher.
Students applying for grades 1 to 11 must take an assessment test in Math and English.
Applicants who have standardized test scores can submit them and these may be used in lieu of the assessment test.
All files will be reviewed based on previous school reports and assessment test results by the admissions committee. UAS will contact the applicant’s school when additional information is needed to give full consideration to the application.
Families are notified, usually within a few days of testing, whether the applicant meets admission standards. Upon acceptance, according to the KHDA Schools Fees Framework, the school will charge parents up to 30% of the total fee amount to be paid within ten (10) days of the issuing of the acceptance letter (see tuition policy).
If admission is granted but no place is available, we place the student's name on the waiting list. Once a place becomes available, UAS will contact the family.
A student's application can be deferred in the event that the applicant needs additional time to improve his/her academic or behavioral record as recommended by the admissions committee.
Please note that enrollment is always conditional upon a student successfully completing the school year (or term) at their current school and submitting final grades. Prior to the first day of school, the student file must be complete. The additional documents to submit upon acceptance are linked.
Once the online application form is completed, parents submit the following documents to the admissions office in person or email on firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A photocopy of the student's birth certificate (in English or Arabic)
- A photocopy of the student's passport and his/her parents' passport
- Photocopies of academic reports for the previous three years (in English)
- 1 recent photo in color of the student - passport size
- Admission testing fee
Additional Documents upon Acceptance:
- A photocopy of the final report card (current academic year)
- A photocopy of the student's residency visa and his/her parents and guardian(s) residency visa
- Original transfer certificate (sample transfer certificate)
- A photocopy of the student's Emirates ID
- A photocopy of the student's vaccination records
- Completed UAS health form
- 5 recent photos in color of the student and 1 of each parent - passport size
- A photocopy of the car registration
- Completed transportation form (if applicable)